If you have any information, please call:
An important message for law enforcement officers
The posters on this website with the NCMEC logo have been certified as noted below:
- Case was entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center database.
- Waiver from parent, guardian or law enforcement agency giving permission to disseminate photo of missing child is on file at NCMEC.
- Posters containing photos of adults labeled as an abductor are included only if a felony warrant was issued for the abductor and information about the abductor was entered into the NCIC Wanted Person File.
- Some of the individuals pictured in NCMEC posters were reported missing when they were between the ages of 18 and 20. Law enforcement has entered these cases in the FBI National Crime Information Center database, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 5779, and has asked NCMEC to disseminate the posters.
Law enforcement officers should:
- Check with the appropriate law enforcement agency before taking action regarding a child or abductor depicted in any poster on this website not containing the NCMEC logo.
- Be aware some international case posters listed on this website do not have criminal warrants attached, but have specifically-designed posters indicating they are subject to the process specified under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. For more information about this process contact NCMEC at 1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678) when dialing within the United States and Canada.
Join our Poster Partner Program
Join the Poster Partner Program today and receive alerts via email when posters of children missing from your area become available on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children®’s website. Help the search by printing and distributing posters in your community.